Monday, July 18, 2005

Welcome

Welcome to the Ars Masonica Blog.

My name is Richard J. Powell. I am nearly 42 years old, married with one son and two step-sons. I am a Librarian by profession, reside in Syracuse, NY and have a multitude of interests that will raise their ugly heads at some point here on this blog.

I was Raised in Morning Star Lodge No. 524 on December 18th, 1995 and served as Master in 2000-2001. I served as the Second Onondaga District Umbrella Chairman for Membership Development from 1998-2000 under R. W. Lee Edwards and Brotherhood Education from 2002-2004 under R. W. Richard Gilbert. I am a member of Central City Council No. 13, Cryptic Masons; Central City Commandery No. 25, Knights Templar; Tigris Temple, A.A.O.N.M.S. and the New York College, Masonic Societas Rosicruciana in Civitatibus Foederatis. I have served as or is currently an officer for Morning Star Chapter No. 289, Order of the Eastern Star; Masters, Wardens & Deacons Association; Past Masters Association; Charles H. Platt Chapter No. 247, Royal Arch Masons; and the Valley of Syracuse, Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite.

Currently, I serve the Onondaga District of the Grand Lodge of New York as one of two Assistant Grand Lecturers. I am also serving as the Thrice Potent Master of the Central City Lodge of Perfection, Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite. In 2004, I also spearheaded the formation of a Chapter of the Order of Knights of St. Andrew.

This blog will serve as a forum for my Masonic thoughts. I will also pass on links & books of a Masonic interest as I come by them.

No comments: