I missed the last one in the spring and still regret it. If you are interested in Esoteric Freemasonry or Rosicrucianism, then this will be a great conference for you.
I have my ticket - will I meet you there?
Date: October 4th, 2008
Time: 12:00 PM - 5:30 PM
Location: Masonic Hall, 71 West 23rd St., New York, NY 10010
View an inspiring installation of esoteric fine art, followed by a fascinating series of presentations and discussions on the impact and intersection between the public face of Freemasonry and the hidden work of Rosicrucianism.
- 12:00pm – 2:00pm "Ambiance" - an esoteric fine art installation by David Lindez
- 2:00pm – 5:00pm Lectures and Q&A
- 6:00pm Salon de Rose Croix (separate event)
- R. A. Gilbert - Beyond the Image: the Spiritual Reality Behind the Symbol of the Rose and Cross
- Piers A. Vaughan - Spiritual Alchemy and the Lodge
- David Lindez - Setting the Record Straight: The History of the Masonic Rosicrucians in the USA
About the Speakers:
- R. A. Gilbert - British author of numerous masonic, historical and Rosicrucian books, journals and articles, Gilbert most recently co-authored 'Freemasonry: A Celebration of the Craft' with John Hamill, Director of Communications for the United Grand Lodge of England. Gilbert is England's foremost book antiquarian, and will shortly defend his Doctoral thesis at Oxford University. As former Librarian and Archivist to the SRIA, he became well known for his numerous contributions to Rosicrucian Scholarship. Gilbert is an expert on Freemasonry, the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn & Christian Esoterica in general. He is a Past Prestonian Lecturer (1997) & former editor of Ars Quatuor Coronatorum (AQC) while currently serving as chairman of QCCC Ltd.
Articles by Gilbert:
Books by Gilbert:
- Piers A. Vaughan - Masonic speaker, writer and noted translator of rare French Rosicrucian and Martinist texts. High Council officer for the SRICF, noted high grade member of numerous Chivalric and Esoteric Masonic Orders, expert on Rosicrucian Healing and noted for his liturgical
contributions as an Arch Bishop in the Old Templar Catholic Church. Vaughan is currently the Director of IT & Operations for Globecon in New York City's financial district and has served a distinguished career in the banking industry as a Project Manager and Program Manager for Deutsche Bank and other Fortune 500 companies.
- David Lindez - an artist & author hailing from Montclair, NJ. Lindez's fine art installations have been shown in galleries throughout the world, including the Kinkeleba in NYC, Bayonne, Hoboken, New Brunswick, San Juan and Puerto Rico. His works are a permanent installation in the Kurt Art Gallery in Kingston, Jamaica. Lindez serves as the Grand Archivist for the Societas Rosicruciana In Civitatibus Foederatis (an invitational Order for Christian Masons in the US) as well as the Grand Chancellor for the Military & Hospitaller Order of St Lazarus. Lindez's poetry and writings on the anthropological & historical views of various subcultures in the rustbelt of the Northeastern United States, the Western mind & ancient spirituality, Freemasonry and other orders, have been published around the world in various academic journals, magazines and encyclopedias. Currently, David is working on two authoritative books documenting the histories of the SRICF and the Scottish Rectified Rite in the USA.
This event is open to all interested in Esoteric studies. No affiliation with any particular order or body is required. Seating is limited, so please buy your ticket today as we expect to sell out in advance.
Tickets are only $40. Buy your ticket here.