Monday, May 22, 2006

DaVinci Mania

Well, DaVinci Mania has begun! There has been a flurry of History & Discovery Channel programs, Church seminars and a rash of books both pro & con. A lot of folks are cashing in on the popularity of Dan Brown's bestseller. I enjoyed the book - not great literature, but a great story with lots of elements that Freemasons of an esoteric nature are familiar with. I haven't seen the movie yet but the critics seem to hate it. That usually means that it will be great fun.

On May 17th, I was asked to appear on a local program called Bridge Street to discuss the "DaVinci Code" phenomenom. A click on Bridge Street will take you to the video clip as long as it is available. While I was on the show in my capacity as a Librarian, I did manage to mention my Masonic membership and the fact that I thought that members of the Craft were many of the first people to "get into" the book. Hopefully, I can get invited back when the book's sequel comes out.

No comments: