As someone who likes to promote Masonic Education in all its formats and, as a Professional Librarian as well, I would like to bring to your attention, "The State of Masonic Education."
This will be a Masonic lecture and discussion to be held on Monday, December 10, 2007 at La Petite Auberge Restaurant, 116 Lexington Avenue at 28th Street in New York City. It is presented as part of the Chancellor Robert R. Livingston Masonic Library of the Grand Lodge of New York's Library Dinner Lecture Series.
The Panel for the evening will Researchers & Scholars from the Quatuor Coronati Lodge in London, the "premier lodge of Masonic research:
- S. Brent Morris (Worshipful Master & 1st native-born American to hold that Office)
- Peter Currie (Senior Warden & Editor of Ars Quatuor Coronati)
- Yasha Beresiner (Past Master, lecturer & published author)
- Trevor Stewart (Past Master & Prestonian Lecturer)
- John Wade (Sheffield University's Centre for Research into Freemasonry)
It looks to be a great evening for anyone with an interest in things Masonic that goes beyond the usual watered down education that many get. S. Brent Morris is, of course that author of many an article for the Scottish Rite Research Society as well as "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Freemasonry."
My only complaint about this event is that it is held on a Monday instead of on a weekend. Many who would like to attend are, like myself, working stiffs from places other than New York City and it would be far easier to make plans for a weekend get away. Livingston Trustees take Note for the next lecture!!!
Go here for more information.